Sunday, February 1, 2009

My 1st completed projects of 2009

My first completed projects are also no longer UFOs.

I finished the 2nd tote bag today.

No pic - they are both exactly the same (shown in yesterday's post), except the straps on one are 6" shorter. They were originally 28" finished length which I found really long. I made them this length on purpose in order to be able to carry it on my shoulder comfortably but it's way too long to just carry in my hand. A 22" length is much better.

Finished size - 16.5" wide x 17" tall. The corners were sewn to make a 4.5" flat bottom.

I didn't have a pattern for this. I used a tote I already own and tried to make it the same. The first one was used today for grocery shopping and held up pretty well with a full load in it.

Time now to get back to the coat. More progress to show soon - definitely decided to NOT do bound buttonholes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great item. My son took me to a humongous warehouse store this weekend, and they don't have bags. He said he carries giant duffle bags when he goes for himself. But, good man that he is, he carried everything inside, so his mother wouldn't risk falling in the snow. You should have shown us a picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me - I love comments !