Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Look 6908



This is a bit late but it was my Sunday afterrnoon project. I only hemmed it last night though, so am only posting it now.

A friend at work has a little girl (J) who I really want to sew for. She is in a size 3 so not quite yet at the Burda childrens' sizes. Most of their kids patterns are just a bit bigger than that.

Anyway, on Saturday I was at Walmart and saw a couple of remnants that looked like they would be cute sundresses for J. Last week, her Mommy mentioned that they need sundresses for the summer but she hadn't yet found anything she liked.

I liked these 2 fabrics so I picked up NL6908 and made this one up over the weekend.

HOPING that they'd like it. This fabric was not at all what I expected. All rolled up in the remnant bin, all I could see was the blue portion. Once I unrolled it, there were 6 different stripes across the width of the fabric. What to do ? It's still cute, so I made it up.


Pattern Description: Girls' sundress, top & pants...I made view A - the sundress with the tie at the neck

Pattern Sizing: 3-8 (I made a 4 but I think my little one is only in a 3 - it may be a bit big)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? yes, so easy I made stupid mistakes - LOL !

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? No dislikes, it was very easy. I'm hoping the sizing is forgiving, the back is just elasticated and while I made a size 4, I used the elastic length for a size 3.

Fabric Used: Cotton remnant from Walmart

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: None

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? If J likes it, I'd love to make her some more as well as the tee & pants in this pattern.

Conclusion: It's a very cute sundress for a little girl, & I have another bit of cotton ready, if she likes this one and once I find out if this actually fits.


Update - it's a hit with Mommy ! Now I just have to find out if it fits and get a pic to post. The second piece of fabric is blue with butterflies. J loves butterflies so she should like this one.

1 comment:

  1. It's a sweet little sumdress! Even though the fabric was a surprise, it tuned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me - I love comments !