Sunday, June 2, 2013

Gifty Sewing

This project was done about a month ago, but I hadn't got to blogging it.

I can get my fix of little girl sewing with the daughter of a friend from work.
A few years ago I made her a couple of sundresses 1st one and 2 more, but seems to me we didn't have much of a summer that year and I'm pretty sure she didn't get a whole lotta use out of them.

This year she turned 7 and they were planning a cupcake party. During a weekend in Toronto, our friends took us to Lens Mills and I found this...


Couldn't pass it up, bought a meter, didn't know what to do with it, DH suggested an apron. J and her mommy cook together so it was a good idea. I found an online tutorial for both the apron and a chef's hat and it turned out pretty well.


The apron is reversible.


Her mom invited me to help out at the party. Actually, she just invited me to attend but with 7 little girls in attendance, it took both of us to keep up with them LOL
Here are pics - full permission to use them.


It's a shame she's so camera shy LOL




10 comments:

  1. what a fun gift! Nice job Claire. I'm sure she'll get lots of use from the apron. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really CUTE!! Both of ya ;D Luv Moms who share kids with us ;D
    RHOnda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apron and hat are too darn cute!!! What an adorable girl! How sweet of you to make these for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Claire. I too love making Little Girl stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable! I made a denim apron for my grandson and he wore it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very cute apron, and the chef's hat is terrific! The birthday girl looks just delighted. You're right; it's too bad she's so bashful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire. Thank you for asking. The tornado hit just across the lake from us. My sister lives on that side . She's Ok but knows of people whose garage fell over. Someone else experienced some damage to their home . it doesn't sound like many people were affected. it was very surprising to wake up to the news. We didn't know anything about until a relative from London Ontario called us to see if we were OK. Nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire. Thank you for asking. The tornado hit just across the lake from us. My sister lives on that side . She's Ok but knows of people whose garage fell over. Someone else experienced some damage to their home . it doesn't sound like many people were affected. it was very surprising to wake up to the news. We didn't know anything about until a relative from London Ontario called us to see if we were OK. Nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Claire,

    Rhonda in Montreal pointed me in the direction of your blog. I am happy to invite you to the next Sewing Bloggers meet-up in Montreal.

    On Sunday September 8 2013, we will visit the Montreal's Museum of Costume and Textile after having lunch nearby.

    If you would like to join us, please RSVP via my blog : http://igloovert.blogspot.ca/2013/08/save-date-sunday-sept-8-afternoon.html

    Hoping to meet you,

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, haven't heard from you in a while, are you still sewing?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me - I love comments !