Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Loads of Thanks !

So many thanks to give...

Thanks to everyone who asked about and expressed concern about my Mom. We're dealing with it. Your comments were all appreciated so much ! I apologize for acknowledging them so late.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Yes, I worked yesterday, but a birthday in my department is great ! My boss is a practical joker and influences all of us. You gotta be able to 'take it' in this group LOL. Somehow, and he won't tell me how, my boss got hold of a pic of me. I was about 7 or so and it was actually a Christmas picture with all my brothers and sisters. He cropped me out and sent it to everyone in both of the departments I'm working in at the moment wishing me a Happy Birthday. OMG !!! One of my colleagues, was watching when I opened the email and laughed. She said the look on my face was priceless !!!

Now, in my department, we have a birthday breakfast each month that there is/are birthday(s). The boss used to bring in bagels every time and wouldn't let any of us contribute. This year, we ganged up on him and changed the plan. Now the birthday person(s) bring something in. Lucky me, I share my birthday month with 'the boss' - he's on the 23rd. Tomorrow, we're bringing in the treats. I told him I really wanted bagels (he makes a special detour to get the 'good' ones at St. Viateur Bagels) and I decided I'd bake something to contribute. My last thanks goes to Marjie - this is her Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I haven't tasted it, of course, but the batter was just mahvellos, dahlin, mahvellos ! I'm positive they'll be well-received.




2 comments:

  1. They look loverly. I have been mostly offline for a while, just read some old posts. Hang in there, and Happy Birthday! K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your pineapple upside down cake. It always sells fast hereabouts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me - I love comments !