In the course of organizing the Collection, I opened a bag today.
Not so unusual, I've had many fabric pieces so far that were still in bags, with receipts. Great for keeping the log pretty accurate so far.
But today I came across a Mystery Bag of stuff. There was no receipt and therefore, no date. We moved into our house in spring of 2000 and this bag was in the apartment with me for at least a couple years before that. So it's got to be 10 years old or more.
- 2m piece of plain White fabric - I have no idea what it is, not batiste, not muslin. It could be a shirting but who knows. It's a woven with no stretch at all.
- 2m each of red and navy double fold bias tape
- 2m 1/2" elastic
- 4m of cording
- a package of 4 small tie-back hooks
- 4 7" zippers
- 3 pieces (2m each) of cotton fabric (medium weight like for chinos, no stretch) to match each of the colored zippers
- 2m piece of a purpley/lilac colored fabric (cotton blend ?, polyester ?)
So, what on earth was I thinking/planning ?
The fabric and 3 zips that go together, ok - probably had skirts, or pants in mind BUT the other stuff !!!
I've NEVER used bias tape before - was I intending to make Piping ? 2m each of tape and 4m of cording.....Maybe. But, what for ? There is nothing in my sewing room that gives me any inkling of what I had in mind for this. No fabrics that would go with them, nothing.
Elastic - ok - so now I know you can always have elastic on hand, but when I bought it, it was at a time when I would have had a project in mind.
4 tiny tie-back hooks - NOT A CLUE.
Update on organizing - 9.5 m of fabric in the dryer - will run it through one more hot wash (total of 3x) before shelving it. That'll bring my total so far to 156m.....................and not done yet.
I do see a light at the end of the tunnel, though. It's dim but it's there.