Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Next step in the Pant journey

Monday I took out my HP pants patterns and measured the patterns - Weekender Chinos and Razor Sharps - WIDE pants - and by the looks of it drafted VERY large - I expect to have to cut about a 12 or 14 but my measurements fit somewhere in the size 8 range - WoW ! (hmm, should probably clarify that – based on the measurement chart, I fit into the 12-14 range – it’s just that the pattern runs large enough that after flat measuring the pattern pieces their size 8 is about where I fit – I’m not a legitimate size 8 but maybe one day LOL)

The Plain and Simple Everyday pants seemed to be more in line with what I'm shooting for - the width at the hem is only about 2-inches larger than my adjusted Burda pattern. I decided to start with this one. No adjustments. None. Really. No changing my mind partway through the basting. Definitely. Well, I did add 1-inch to the leg length, but that's it.


It's all cut out. Tomorrow I'll baste it all together and see where I stand.


2 comments:

  1. Teeny, 'lil YOU!! WOW, Claire!! ;)
    Congratulations!!
    hug, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me - I love comments !