Thursday, May 7, 2009

Look at my toes !

Magic Loop, Toe-Up, 2 at a time

After a few failed attempts at different cast on methods, I finally managed to get it. I think I used the Russian cast-on - the one where you put a slip stich on one needle, wrap your stitches around 'both' needles, then pick up from each side.

Technically, there's an error already. The instruction paper I was following said to cast on 8 stitches on each side. Once I managed that, I went back to the pattern which said to cast on 16 on each needle (unless you want a pointier toes in which case you put on less stitches). Yeah, so, I decided I really wanted a pointier toe more than I wanted to retry another cast-on.

This is where they were when I got of the bus after work. I worked on 'em last night and now I've only got one more row of increases for the toe before I'm on the straightaway of the foot.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I'd go for the pointy toe myself under the circumstances! I'm still using DPNs - chicken to try a different way at this point!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me - I love comments !