Monday, May 11, 2009

Mini wardrobe progress

I wanted to show a completed item today, but it was not to be.

Last week was crazy at work - idiotic crazy, and that's never a good thing. I don't manage other people's stupid very well. So much so that I booked off Friday on a whim. It was my first quiet day since January and I needed the break. Paid off too, I was alot better going back this morning.

The plan to spend most of the weekend in the sewing room didn't work out though. I want to say the weekend was busy, but it really wasn't, it just got away from me.

Here's where I am now:

The blue twill for the BWOF 10-2008-103 skirt is prewashed and ready to cut.

The patterns for both BWOF skirts (10-2008-103 & 04-2009-101) are traced out. I've been bringing my BWOFs to work and tracing a piece or two at lunch. I keep a roll of swedish tracing paper at my desk...doesn't everyone ?? LOL !

The grey tee is still at the basted stage. Yesterday, I undid the shoulder seams to press the raglan sleeves ready for the arm facing ? binding ?

Honestly...I've been procrastinating. I have to serge the tee in a light color. The serger is set up with black thread. I've been seriously considering putting the tee aside and working on the black pieces in order to avoid threading and rethreading the serger. Pitiful ? You bet !

We have already established that I'm stubborn. I WANT to finish the tee. Last night I sat down, pulled the black thread from the monster and rethreaded with a nice light color thread.....wait for it.....


WITHOUT THE INSTRUCTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!


The book wasn't even in reaching distance. I did a happy dance LOL !

DH just called to say he's going to be home a bit late. I'm heading down to the sewing room to tackle the tee.

6 comments:

  1. Sew girl, sew, while you have the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, hope you got it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been known to trace on my lunch hour as well. Congrats on rethreading the serger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate threading the serger, and I'm glad you have conquered the beast! Happy wardrobe progress to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once without the directions and you are good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There must be a thing going around about working way too much that none of us are sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me - I love comments !