Sunday, April 15, 2012

S2860 - clipped

What a difference clipping that crotch seam makes - I admit to being pretty surprised.

Back-

Front and Sides - specifically showing the wrinkles below the zipper. I looked through my books for these wrinkles and came up with a couple possibilities - thin thigh (add to front crotch point) and prominent abdomen (straighten center front seam) - sorry for some reason I can no longer get pics to size small enough to completely show, even though I pick 'small' for the size. Clicking, of course, does show the whole pic.

As you can see below, the front tugged up a tiny bit makes the wrinkles go away. I'm not sure which of the two possible adjustments to try, or is there something else to try.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have the answer - that's why I Don't do pants. But as we discussed at length at the ASG meeting on Saturday - do adjustment in the following order: Length; then width; then depth. So I'd guess you'd start with adding length to the crotch. Good luck. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read the series, but the pants look good! And yes, I'm definitely up for hanging out on 2nd, let me know! (And you have ASG meetings? I'm so envious. No ASG in Toronto, as far as I know...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I would suggest that if you have wrinkles, it denotes too much fabric in a certain place. Taking a horizontal dart at the fullness and tapering to nothing at that side seams should help. This can only be done in a muslin as no one wants horizontal darts making them look wider in a finished pant.

    Try watching Peggy Sagers of Silhouette Patterns in her webcasts "Ultimate Pants Fitting" and "Pants Fitting 2".
    http://www.silhouettepatterns.com/html/media/livestreamchannel/index_replays.htm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for talking to me - I love comments !